Golf courses are a great way to blow off steam, increase your skills and have a fun time playing with your friends. Golf has recently had a surge in popularity, with a recent survey from the National Golf Foundation showing 24.8 million golfers in the United States of which 6.2 million were new players.
Golfers love using courses that are healthy, impeccably maintained and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. So it is more important than ever to keep your golf course in pristine condition, with professional groundskeeping and high-quality golf course equipment. Sportsmark is a leading supplier of sports equipment for customers all across the UK at competitive prices.
Read on for an ultimate golf course equipment checklist from Sportsmark.
Golf Course Equipment
Golf Course Flags
Sportsmark has a range of flags and pins that can be used to mark tees, cups and courses. They’re available in any colour, chequered patterns or embroidery options. Also available are pins of various heights, perfect for whatever you need marking.
Keep outside contaminants off your course and keep any mud from the paths of your site by installing shoe cleaners. They make cleaning your shoes quick, convenient and easy. We have a range of shoe cleaners in various sizes.
Marker posts can be used to mark hazards, announce distances or guide a player. They are available in 6 different colours and three different styles: plain, hole and slot. Available engraved on request.
Hole Cutter & Plugger
We have a range of golf hole cutters that are precise and easy to use, able to make new holes in seconds. They can be adjusted to cut depths of different amounts.
Often used for its alternative function of making holes to plant bulbs in, a plugger is perfect for making the cup at the end of each hole, creating a 3-inch diameter plug to a depth of 5 inches. It comes with a foot stirrup for easy use.
Golf Hole Cups
Once the cup is made, use a holecup as a way to secure the flag pins to stop them from rotating and collect balls with ease. They do this using a unique locking system to secure it in place and won’t wear out under prolonged use. They come in a variety of colours that can make them highly visible or hide dirt and general wear and tear. When the course is not being used, you can use a recycled or polyethylene hole cup cover to protect them from the elements.
A ball washer is used to easily wash mud and grass off of balls after a round of golf. They can be strategically placed along golf courses for convenient cleaning.
If you want your customers to have a place to practise their swing without hitting golf balls across a large distance, practise cages are perfect! They are made of galvanised steel with a high tenacity golf net.
When your course is under maintenance or can’t be played on for some reason, a Ground Under Repair (GUR) Sign can be applied to let golfers know they can’t play that hole. Also available are customisable signs and warning signs to announce spraying in progress.
A tee mat is a patch of foam to put on tees, to avoid damaging the grass underneath. They prevent indentations, extend the life of your course and provide a forgiving start to a hole.
Grass paint can be used to keep your grass looking green after general wear and tear has left areas looking less than desirable.
Driving Range Products
A driving range needs equipment that differs from a standard golf course. Sportsmark is able to offer you a selection of products well suited for any driving range. These include:
- Ball Stop Netting – Our ball stop netting is a heavyweight twine netting ideal for stopping balls. This is perfect at the end or sides of a driving range, to protect these spaces from rogue swings.
- Ball Stop System – For a more comprehensive method of stopping balls, invest in a ball stop system. It consists of a series of posts that feature a pulley, cleat and hauling rope system that allows the net to be lowered and raised with ease. We offer systems between 3 and 6 metres high with prices ranging from £294 to £340. Competitive pricing perfect for any sized driving range.
- Distance Flags – Distance markers can be used to easily see how far balls have been hit. They are fully customisable, able to select any colour, number, shape, text or logo.
- Markers – Markers are used as another method to easily measure distance. They are maintenance-free and virtually indestructible. They are available without numbers or with a top plate that marks distance.
Artificial Grass & Tee Turf
The grass on a golf course is very important to the game and it usually differs from common grasses you’ll find in other outdoor areas. A lot of thought goes into what types of grass are used, as it can affect the difficulty of the course, friction on the ball and more. Artificial grass and putting greens offer a range of advantages over traditional natural grass:
- Less Maintenance: Artificial grass does not require fertilising, watering or mowing, meaning you have to invest much less time in managing the grass on your course.
- No Growth Time: If you’re constructing a new golf course, artificial grass can be applied instantly and is ready to go in no time. Natural grass requires a lot of time to grow, leaving you waiting around for months until it is ready.
- Sustainable: Natural grass needs tons of water and fertiliser to be kept in a crisp condition. Artificial grass does not need either of these.
- Damage Proof: Artificial grass is resilient, while natural grass can easily be destroyed from being walked over. Golfers frequently hit chunks of grass out of the ground in powerful swings, which doesn’t happen with artificial grass.
If your grass is too damaged to regrow in certain areas, or you just wish to use artificial grass instead, Sportsmark has years of experience in installing artificial grass. Tee turf is designed to be low maintenance and allows the ball to be played directly off the surface. If you still wish to use a tee, the turg holds the tee firmly and allows for easy placement.
Any sport takes a toll on the surface they are played on, so Sportsmark stocks a range of great value ground equipment to restore the surface to the best condition possible. Our equipment is designed for long term use and is the best value for money, working hard to make your venue flawless. Our groundsman supplies include:
- Aerosol marking grass
- Artificial grass maintenance equipment
- Course furniture
- Driving range products
- General tools
- Grass marking paint
- Golf course products
- Moss and algae treatment
- Spray markers
- Standard dimension and running track charts
- Tapes and setting out equipment
- Transfer wheel markers
- Turf care
To sustain your artificial grass we also stock maintenance equipment such as dragmats and drag brushes, which can help add years to the life of your artificial grass. We also stock a range of groundskeeper equipment to maintain the natural grass on your golf course.
Sportsmark Group Ltd
If you’re interested in any of the above items, check out Sportsmark Group Ltd for top-quality products to maintain and enhance your golf course. We have been supplying sports equipment, installing sports pitches and marking fields since 1959. We have stellar bulk pricing deals at reasonable prices, making our customers return to us time and time for whatever their equipment needs.
Call now on 08000 197 733 to talk to one of our friendly and experienced staff about your requirements. Or browse our full range of products on our website, exploring our bulk buy discounts to save you money on your purchases.